Ryan Brown has more than a decade of experience in Health Care Law, specifically defending nursing homes, hospitals, assisted living facilities and physicians in medical malpractice lawsuits.
“Rock solid knowledge of every minute fact in the case and the ability to predict where the case will be two moves from now” are just two elements that keep Ryan – and more importantly – his clients on the top of their game.
In addition to defending medical malpractice cases and counseling his clients on regulatory and compliance issues, Ryan regularly defends healthcare providers involved in disciplinary proceedings before state licensing boards. His passion for defending healthcare providers against professional licensing complaints due to unjust allegations drives him to achieve positive results every day.
Outside of practicing law, Ryan enjoys hiking with his dog, kayaking and appreciating the natural beauty of the Mountain State.
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Defense Research Institute
- Reeves v. Camden Clark Memorial Hospital Corporation (W. Va. 2021)
- AMFM LLC v. Shanklin, 818 S.E.2d 882 (W. Va. 2018)
- Williams v. CMO Management, LLC., 803 S.E.2d 500 (W. Va. 2016)
- State Ex Rel. AMFM, LLC v. King, 740E.2d 66 (W.Va. 2013)
- Brown v. Genesis Healthcare Corp., 729E.2d 217 (W. Va. 2012)
- Brown v. Genesis Healthcare Corp., 724 S.E.2d 250 (W. Va. 2011)
- Stanley v. Chevathanarat, 664 S.E.2d 146 ( Va. 2008)
Additional Legal Experience
- Attorney, Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso (2005-Present)
- Summer Clerk, Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso (2004)
- Summer Clerk, Steptoe & Johnson, PLLC (2003)
- Dental Liability Under the MPLA, Kanawha Valley Dental Society (September 2022)
Teaching & Publications
- 4 Tips for Physicians Struggling with Insurer Overpayment Demands, WV Physician (2014)
- Adjunct Professor, Internet Criminal Activity, Fairmont State University (2002)
- From Pinstripes to Jail Stripes: Using Prison Inmate Date to Challenge Stereotypes of the White-Collar Crime Offender, Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (2002)
- The Nature and the Problem and the Statistics Relating to Identity Theft, American Society of Criminology (2001)
Honors & Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Workers Compensation, West Virginia University College of Law
- Alpha Phi Sigma