Kiersan Lockard initially joined Flaherty’s Charleston office in 2011 and was recently welcomed back to the firm. As a member of our healthcare law practice group, Kiersan has focused her practice on providing legal counsel to various healthcare clients, including hospitals, private practices, physicians, and nurses.
“I enjoy navigating the complex interplay between the medical and legal fields.”
Kiersan takes pride in gaining a complete understanding of her clients’ goals. As a result, she keeps an open line of communication, working alongside her clients to develop tailored litigation strategies.
Outside of the office, Kiersan enjoys reading and spending time with her husband and two daughters.
Other Legal Experience
- Attorney Advisor, U.S. Small Business Administration (2021-2022)
- Attorney Advisor, Fort Hood Consolidated Client Services (2016-2021)
- Associate, Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso (2011-2016)
- Research Assistant, WVU College of Law (2010-2011)
- WVU College of Law, Clinical Law Program (2010-2011)
- Citation Teaching Assistant, WVU College of Law (2009-2010)
- Summer Associate, Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso (2010)
- Summer Associate, Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso (2009)
- News, March 2022
Honors & Awards
- One of six attorneys (U.S. Army-wide) honored at the Third JAG Corps’ Military Spouse Attorney Recognition Ceremony in January of 2022
- Order of the Barristers
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Legal Research and Writing, Insurance, Corporate Governance, Trial Advocacy, and Torts II
- Baker Cup 2010 Semifinalist
- Baker Cup 2010 Best Brief