For over 25 years, Bob James has focused on litigation in the oil & gas industry, medical malpractice defense, professional negligence and employment law.
“I work hard for my clients, and that translates into positive results.” Bob is passionate about fighting for his clients’ rights. He has represented a diversified client base ranging from individual professionals to family-owned businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Bob also defends professionals through their Errors and Omissions (E&O) coverage – including insurance agents, brokers, realtors, appraisers, physicians, and others. In addition, he defends businesses against deliberate intent actions, accidents caused by employees, Title VII matters and more.
Bob is licensed to practice in Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, and he regularly represents clients before state and federal courts in each.
Outside of the courtroom, Bob serves on the Board of Boy Scouts for the Ohio River Valley Council and is on its Executive Committee and is a past president of his Rotary Club in Wheeling. He enjoys giving back to his community and helping young people – future community leaders.
- Member of Ohio Valley Oil & Natural Gas Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Ohio County (WV) Bar Association
- Belmont County Bar Association
- Boy Scouts of America, Ohio River Valley Council (Wheeling, WV); Board Member; Executive Committee Member; VP - Administration;
- Wheeling Rotary Club, Officer 2008- 2012; President 2011 - 2012
- Macek v. Jones, 222 W.Va. 702, 671 S.E.2d 707 (2008)
Representative Legal Work
- Represented a West Virginia Employer in a wrongful discharge case in Federal Court
- Represented drilling operator on deliberate intent matter
- Represented a vendor at a natural gas well site in an insurance dispute
- Represented a party in a well site Master Service Agreement dispute
- Represented a party involved with moving drilling equipment between well sites
- Represented an employer in a labor/law and defamation case in West Virginia
- Co-chaired a medical malpractice case defending a gastroenterologist
- Represented appraiser on jurisdictional challenge
- Represented real estate agents in radon litigation and fraud cases
- Article, November 2015
- Labor/Employment/Deliberate Intent
- Oil and Natural Gas Industry Litigation
- Professional Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Mass Tort and Asbestos