Born to be a litigator, Megan does not take things at face value. She is a passionate analyst who excels at debate. Megan focuses her practice on mass litigation and long-term care with proven results.
Megan believes strongly that “you learn something new every day” is true in life and in the practice of law. Megan believes that constantly honing skills, such as coming up with more strategic ways to ask a question in a deposition, is rewarding.
Megan’s drive to get to the bottom of tough case issues combined with her knowledge of the law, counsel, and political climates make her insight and advice essential to achieving favorable results. With strong relationships on both sides of the bar, she can strategize, think creatively and “push hard for the results her clients desire.”
With proven results in everything from civil litigation in mass tort, asbestos, commercial/general litigation, and long-term care issues, Megan has demonstrated herself to be a sharp mind and a rising legal star.
- Young Lawyers' Division - Defense Trial Council of West Virginia
- Volunteer, West Virginia Lawyers Assistance Program
- Board Member, Young Professionals Kiwanis Club of Charleston
Additional Legal Experience
- Member, Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso (2020 - Present)
- Associate, Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso (2012 - 2020)
- Summer Associate, Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso (May 2011 - August 2011)
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Norah McCann King, U.S. District Court, Columbus, Ohio (Fall 2011)
- Law Clerk, Franklin County Public Defender's Office (January - March 2011)
- Law Clerk at the Ohio State Employment Relations Board (May 2010 - August 2010)
- News, August 2021
- News, August 2020
- News, January 2020
- Why West Virginia Courts Should Reject the Any Exposure Theory of Causation in Asbestos Litigation, Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia 2014 Notebook of Articles.
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch - Charleston
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants (2021 - 2022)
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants (2021 - 2022)
- Best Brief award, 2012 Sutherland Cup Moot Court Competition hosted at Catholic University of America)
- Constitutional Law Moot Court Team Member (2012)
- Associate Editor, The Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution (2010 - 2012) Published article in the Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution: Volume 27, No. 3, 2012. Compelling Mentally Incompetent Persons to Arbitrate Claims: Why Dusky and Drope Should Apply
- The Ohio State University Honors Society (2004 - 2007)